Saturday 15 May 2010

How To Become A Mystery Shopper

I know from experience that it can be very difficult to get started in the business.
When I first started out in this industry I struggled to find constructive information on websites and forums. All the websites I found were geared up to the US market, and the forums seemed full of people who just saw mystery shopping as a hobby – a way of earning a bit of extra “pin money”. And so I struggled along on my own. But over the years I made some very valuable contacts that enabled me to turn this “hobby” in to a full-time career.

The Mystery Shopping industry is desperate for new mystery shoppers. How do I know this? Well, every month I am bombarded with requests from agencies asking me to undertake mystery shopping visits on their behalf, and I end up having to turn down at least half of those offers of work because there simply aren’t enough hours in the day for me to complete all the work that I am offered. So I know that there is enough work out there for newcomers to take a slice of the pie – you just have to know who to contact and how to apply. You need to be able to sort out the reputable companies from the scammers and you need to get registered with as many as possible so that you can hit the ground running and start earning.

No comments:

Post a Comment